Developer People Can Fly have announced they are giving away legendary weapons and more in Outriders, in compensation for issues at launch.
At launch the game suffered issues with its servers, with our own reviewer and others being unable to connect. While Square Enix and People Can Fly stated they were addressing the issue, the game’s concurrent player peak on Steam hit 110,000. This soundly trounced Marvel’s Avengers, which had all time high of around 31,000 concurrent users at launch.
Now, in the Post Launch Dev News Update on the game’s official SubReddit, this was further confirmed with the Connectivity Post-Mortem. “We had enough server scaling capacity,” the developers explain, “but our externally hosted database was seeing issues that only appeared at extreme loads.”
In compensation for the launch issues, the developers prepared a Community Appreciation Package, featuring several in-game items. While the details are still being worked out (to see what is technically feasible) the developers aim for all players who played between March 31st to April 11th, or had an automatic inventory wipe restoration.
Those player’s highest level characters will receive a (level-appropriate) Legendary Weapon, a (level-appropriate) amount of Titanium, and the (somewhat situational appropriate) Frustration emote, currently unobtainable through conventional play. The developers explain the latter irony was “not intentional but is fitting.”
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below:
OUTRIDERS is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe.
As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.
With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you’ll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and desert in the pursuit of a mysterious signal.
Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, OUTRIDERS offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry – People Can Fly.
- INTENSITY OF A SHOOTER, DEPTH OF AN RPG – OUTRIDERS’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.
- A DARK AND DESPERATE JOURNEY – Discover the hostile planet of Enoch as you embark on a journey to the source of a mysterious signal.
- DYNAMIC 1-3 PLAYER CO-OP – Play single-player or join up to two friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you tackle the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet.
- FOUR UNIQUE CLASSES – Create and customise your own Outrider and choose from four unique classes each with its own skill tree to define your own playstyle.
- SCAVENGE & ADAPT – Customise and upgrade your Outrider with countless items of mod-able guns and gear, as you leave humanity behind.
Outriders is available now via Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store, and Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Google Stadia. A playable demo is currently available. In case you missed it, you can find our hands-on preview here, and can expect our review soon.