Curse Crackers: For Whom the Belle Toils is a fast-paced and self-described “bouncy” platforming game featuring original characters and old school aesthetic.
Belle and her companion Chime have to rescue their boyfriend Clyde after he’s kidnapped by Belle’s old childhood friend. Players will dash and bounce through stages designed for replayability with both time trials for speedsters and secrets for explorers.
You can check out the trailer for Curse Crackers: For Whom the Belle Toils below.
Your old childhood friend is back and has a bone to pick! Now that she’s kidnapped Clyde and scattered her skeleton crew in her wake, it’s up to you to put a stop to her scheme. With Chime, her sentient bell companion of questionable origin, Belle is ready to take on her rival and more!
The vibrant world of Ledamra awaits! With levels chock full of treasure and secrets, every acrobat needs an occasional break. Visit the more peaceful locations to meet and help the denizens of this magical world. Be it minigames or magic infused baked goods they’ve got everything you could need!
Collect magical roses, find secrets, earn medals, and complete hidden objectives! Think you’ve mastered the game? Try to finish an arcade run with the cursed skull! Do you have what it takes?
- Experience 2D platforming freedom as you jump and vault as Belle, using her companion Chime to swing on objects or topple enemies.
- Each level is built for replayability – go slow and steady to find secrets, or test your skills to find new routes and reach the goal as quickly as possible.
- Take a break from the action to explore the overworld or try out minigames.
- Think you’ve mastered the game? Check out Arcade Mode after the credits roll for a different play experience with nine levels of difficulty.
- Play along to a retro-inspired soundtrack that will have you thinking it’s 1998 all over again.
Curse Crackers: For Whom the Belle Toils is available now on PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch.
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!