New footage for Kingdom Hearts III was shown off at a panel at Tokyo Game Show 2018.
Footage can be seen at the following timestamps:
- 18:43 – Showing off special forms that grant new attacks that are linked to the worlds Sora visits. We can see that these attacks can be performed in other worlds. In addition you can quickly switch between these special forms, without needing to wait for a cooldown or to pull off a final attack to end the transformation. The player can even quickly perform the final attacks one after the other.
- 21:57 – A boss fight with both the Ice Titan and a lava or magma Titan at the same time. The player uses theme-park ride themed special attacks including carousels, tea cups, and water rafting.
- 23:28 – Sora using team-up attacks with characters from the Disney worlds, including Baymax (Big Hero 6), Woody, Buzz (Toy Story), Marshmallow (Frozen) Mike and Sully (Monsters Inc.)
- 25:47 – Summon attacks are shown, including a Dream Eater Spirit (a Meow Wow), Ralph (Wreck It Ralph) and Simba (The Lion King).
- 27:26 – The Gummi Ship gameplay is shown off. Going Games Jouhou, the sections were “created with a team of 20 to 30 people.” There are two styles of gameplay, one where the players explores space in an open-world style and “cardboard mode” where players gather materials for the Gumiship such as “cardboard, jewelry, sweets and so on.“
- 28:28 – Screenshots of the Classic Kingdom with minigames that resembles classic LCD games.
- 29:51 – Some gameplay of a Ratatouille based minigame.
- 32:00 – Gameplay of a boss fight against Aqua. Her appearance suggests she is turning into a Darkling- a Keyblade wielder who has turned into a Heartless because they “fell to darkness”.
There’s some additional information as well:
- While this may be the end of the “Xehanort” based stories, it will not be the end of Kingdom Hearts. Tetsuya Nomura stated how he “wished to carry on the story of Sora.”
- There will be more than 20 minigames.
- There will be a secret movie as with past games, but the requirements to unlock it will be different. “Not to make the conditions difficult, we are thinking to be able to see at fair timing, such as delivering at a later date” to prevent spoilers.
- Online elements “will be examined after the main objective has been established.“
- The character ages for some characters have been confirmed.
- Terra (around 20 years old)
- Aqua (around 18 years old)
- Ventus (around 16 years old)
- Young Xehanort (18 to 20 years old)
- Master Xehanort (mid-80s)
A trailer from TGS 2018 can also be seen here.
Kingdom Hearts III is launching for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One January 25th, 2019 in Japan and Asia, and on January 29th in North America and Europe. In case you missed it, you can find our hands on preview here.