Firaxis has released a sizeable update for Civilization VI today.
The new update adds the Poland civilization, as well as the Vikings Scenario pack, both of which costing you $5. If you own the Digital Deluxe version of the game, you’ll get both entirely free. Featured above, you can view a trailer introducing the new Polish civilization and what to expect, namely:
- Led by Jadwiga, the first female monarch of the Kingdom of Poland.
- One military policy slot is converted to a wildcard policy.
- Unique Ability – Golden Liberty: Construction of forts immediately expand your territory, even overtaking opponent’s territory.
- Unique Unit – The Winged Hussars unit: When attacking, if they do more damage than the defending unit, it pushes that unit back. If the defender can’t retreat in this action, they take additional damage.
- Unique Building – The Sukiennice: Provides bonus production from international trade routes, and bonus gold from domestic routes.
Now for Jadwiga’s specific bonuses:
- Jadwiga’s Unique Ability: Lithuanian Union – Any city that loses territory from gold and liberty also gets Poland’s founded religion as the majority religion in that city.
- Jadwiga’s relics provide bonus faith, culture, and gold. Her holy sites also get additional adjacency bonuses.
It’s worth mentioning the Polish DLC also comes with a scenario that focuses on defending Central Europe from both the Ottomans and the Teutonic Knights.
Also coming in the update is the Viking Scenario pack, which adds six new city-states, three new natural wonders, and a 100-turn scenario in which you can play as either Norway or Sweden, enabling you to pillage and conquer across Europe.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is currently available for PC. In case you missed it, you can find my thorough review of the game here (I highly recommend it!).