Following its earlier playtest, publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Player First Games announced a MultiVersus closed alpha test is coming in May 2022.
The new MultiVersus closed alpha test will run from May 19th through the 27th, and will be playable across all platforms with full crossplay support, dedicated servers, and rollback netcode. Registration for the MultiVersus closed alpha test is available over on the game’s official site.
It’s worth pointing out the MultiVersus closed alpha test is invite-only and will let players try out the latest build of MultiVersus, including its two-versus-two mode and various playable characters like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, Batman, and more.
Here’s the pros vs. devs gameplay showcase:
Here’s a rundown on the November 2021-announced game:
In MultiVersus, the Multiverse is at your fingertips as you battle it out in intense 2v2 matches. Up against Batman & Shaggy? Try using Bugs Bunny & Arya Stark! This platform fighter lets you play out your fantasy matchups in a fun co-op or head-to-head fight for supremacy.
- ICONIC CHARACTERS – Choose from Harley Quinn, Tom and Jerry, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Jake the Dog, Garnet, Superman, and an extraordinary creature named Reindog. Every fighter boasts unique abilities that pair dynamically with other characters.
- MAPS – Play on various Maps from our characters’ legendary worlds, including Batman’s Batcave and Jake and Finn’s Treefort, and more.
- CROSS-PLATFORM – Defend the Multiverse with your friends anywhere, anytime on all available platforms. This includes full cross-platform play and progression.
- MODES – Play our innovative 2v2 co-op-focused experience or the intense 1v1 and 4-Player Free For All. You can also refine your skills in training mode or put your skills to the ultimate test in Ranked Competitive. MultiVersus supports online and local play.
- CUSTOMIZATION – Every character will feature many different variants and its own customizable perk loadout that will change the way you play and how you synergize with your teammates.
- COMPETITIVE – MultiVersus boasts an intense competitive experience with dedicated servers for seamless online gameplay.
- A GROWING MULTIVERSE – MultiVersus is regularly updated with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, variants and more.
MultiVersus will be free-to-play and launches sometime in 2022 on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.