Capcom has released a trailer for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
The new trailer shows off the incoming content planned for the Title Update 5, the final free update for the game that’s planned to release Midnight UTC October 1st (5 PM Pacific and 8 PM Eastern on September 30th).
The new update brings a bevy of new content including the legendary Fatalis, the online-only Elder Dragon from the original Monster Hunter, as well as the Arch-tempered Velkhana, a new “Clutch Claw Boost” ability, and more. You can read more about the update in-depth with our previous report here.
Here’s a new trailer for the update:
Here’s a full rundown on the base game:
Welcome to a new world! Take on the role of a hunter and slay ferocious monsters in a living, breathing ecosystem where you can use the landscape and its diverse inhabitants to get the upper hand. Hunt alone or in co-op with up to three other players, and use materials collected from fallen foes to craft new gear and take on even bigger, badder beasts!
Battle gigantic monsters in epic locales.
As a hunter, you’ll take on quests to hunt monsters in a variety of habitats. Take down these monsters and receive materials that you can use to create stronger weapons and armor in order to hunt even more dangerous monsters. In Monster Hunter: World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.
Once every decade, elder dragons trek across the sea to travel to the land known as the New World in a migration referred to as the Elder Crossing. To get to the bottom of this mysterious phenomenon, the Guild has formed the Research Commission, dispatching them in large fleets to the New World. As the Commission sends its Fifth Fleet in pursuit of the colossal elder dragon, Zorah Magdaros, one hunter is about to embark on a journey grander than anything they could have ever imagined.
A World That Breathes Life
There are various locations teeming with wildlife. Expeditions into these locales are bound to turn up interesting discoveries.
- A Diverse Arsenal, and an Indispensable Partner – Your equipment will give you the power to need to carve out a place for yourself in the New World.
- The Hunter’s Arsenal – There are fourteen different weapons at the hunter’s disposal, each with its own unique characteristics and attacks. Many hunters acquire proficiency in multiple types, while others prefer to attain mastery of one.
- Scoutflies – Monster tracks, such as footprints and gashes, dot each locale. Your Scoutflies will remember the scent of a monster and guide you to other nearby tracks. And as you gather more tracks, the Scoutflies will give you even more information.
- Slinger – The Slinger is an indispensable tool for a hunter, allowing you to arm yourself with stones and nuts that can be gathered from each locale. From diversion tactics to creating shortcuts, the Slinger has a variety of uses, and allows you to hunt in new and interesting ways.
- Specialized Tools – Specialized tools activate powerful effects for a limited amount of time, and up to two can be equipped at a time. Simple to use, they can be selected and activated just like any other item you take out on a hunt.
- Palicoes – Palicoes are hunters’ reliable comrades out in the field, specialized in a variety of offensive, defensive, and restorative support abilities. The hunter’s Palico joins the Fifth Fleet with pride, as much a bona fide member of the Commission as any other hunter.
Monster Hunter World is currently available for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our review for the game here. We highly recommend it! In fact we liked it so much, we named it our game of the year for 2018!