Publisher Funcom and developer The Outsiders announced Metal: Hellsinger adds Serj Tankian to its lineup of heavy metal vocalists.
Metal: Hellsinger adds Serj Tankian from System of a Down alongside the other previously confirmed vocalists like Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, Matt Heafy from Trivium, Björn Strid from Soilwork, and more.
“What can you even say! We have so many System of a Down fans in the studio, adding Serj Tankian to our already incredible roster of vocalists feels unreal,” said The Outsiders creative director David Goldfarb. “He completely killed the track and made it his own in a way only Serj could. We are so excited and can’t wait to see everyone playing!”
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Part human, part demon, and obsessed with vengeance. Become The Unknown, and fight through the fiercest domains of Hell. Destroy the demon hordes and their leaders to set yourself up for an epic showdown with The Red Judge herself.
Every Legend has a Song and Yours is One of Metal, Vengeance and Destruction
- Slay to the Beat – Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS, where your ability to shoot on the beat will enhance your gameplay experience. The more in sync you are with the rhythm, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause.
- Demonic Arsenal – Defeat the demon hordes with a skull-clad blade or a wide range of murderous guns. Each weapon has its own ultimate ability, such as Murder of Crows or The Big Goodbye.
- Epic Story and Challenge Mode – Play through an epic storyline, narrated by award-winning actor Troy Baker. Then conquer the leaderboards or challenge your friends to beat your score in Challenge Mode.
- Fight Through Fire, Ice, Metal and Madness – Although commonly known as Hell, The Infernal Planes is in reality a union of a thousand Hells, all of which are terrifying and diabolical in their own way. In order to dethrone The Red Judge, you must fight your way through the fiercest corners, from the icy world of Voke to the maddening world of Stygia.
- From the Lead Designer of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Metal: Hellsinger is created by an experienced FPS team at The Outsiders and is the passion project of David Goldfarb, Game Director on Payday 2 and Lead Designer on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Original Metal Soundtrack – Every track is created specifically for the game with vocals by metal icons, such as Matt Heafy (Trivium), Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), Björn Strid (Soilwork), Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy) and Tatiana Shmailyuk (Jinjer).
Metal: Hellsinger is launching sometime in 2022 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.