Capcom has announced the release date for Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
Both compilation releases will launch for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch on July 24th of this year.
The game’s Nintendo Switch version has a physical cartridge for the first Legacy Collection, while the second collection is a download voucher. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions include both collections on a single disc.
Amongst a slew of additional bonus content such as artwork, soundtracks, a history of and others, players will also be able to enjoy a new mode with the Legacy Collection, X Challenge mode. This mode will allow players to tackle 2 bosses at the same time, from the different bosses throughout the series.
Here’s a rundown on the new release:
Enjoy all eight games from the futuristic Mega Man X series with Mega Man X Legacy Collection (includes X1 to X4), and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 (includes X5 to X8). Both collections are coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC digitally on July 24, 2018. In North America, fans can also find Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 for consoles, a combo pack that includes a disc for each collection on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. For Nintendo Switch, the pack will include one cartridge with the first collection as well as a digital download voucher for the second collection.
The X series introduced several new features to the fast-paced action platforming Mega Man franchise such as powerful armor upgrades, wall-jumping, and more mature themes. These collections will bring them all to current platforms alongside a host of new features both for long-time fans and brand new players.
- X series on modern consoles – Restore peace to a post-apocalyptic society of advanced robots-gone-wild as protagonist Mega Man X, and in later entries, options to play as iconic characters Zero and Axl.
- All-new multi-boss challenges – X Challenge Mode allows players to select a loadout and take on two bosses from various X games at once for a brand new twist on Maverick hunting. The new mode also features three difficulty options and online leaderboards.
- Newcomer friendly Easy Mode – New players can jump right in to the futuristic universe of the Mega Man X series with a new Easy Mode.
- Improved visuals and options – Experience the games as they first released with a monitor filter option that simulates CRT televisions or toggle the smooth filter on for a clean look to the charming, classic sprites.
- Museum of the era – Take a look back at the history of the X series with each collection’s massive repository of original production art, catalogs of collectible merchandise, music player filled with new and original tunes, plus a fully voiced and animated short film that serves as a prologue to the events of Mega Man X.