Challenge the queen of vampires and deal with your past demons in El Paso, Elsewhere, now available.
You can view the announcement and trailer below:
James Savage comes back home today. Developer and publisher Strange Scaffold welcomes you to El Paso, Texas as the highly anticipated third-person neo-noir shooter El Paso, Elsewhere launches on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam and itch.io for $19.99.
Taking notes from one of the most iconic third-person shooters in gaming, Max Payne, El Paso Elsewhere applies modern technology and gameplay sensibilities to a stylized retro foundation. The game features a complex narrative exploring loss, grief, relationship abuse, and addiction. Woven into the game’s dark aesthetics is a completely original hip-hop horror soundtrack featuring vocals from Xalavier Nelson Jr. himself. Pop pills to keep the pain away, dodge through the hordes while unloading your weapons with bullet-time mechanics and don’t stop running. Your life depends on it.
Hunt the monsters protecting your ex, Draculae, the lord of the vampires, who now seeks to perform a ritual that will end the world as we know it and place it under her reign. Armed with shotguns, pistols, uzis, stakes and more, the only choice players have is to keep moving forward, one slow-motion dive after another, to preserve reality itself.
El Paso, Elsewhere features:
- Badass bullet time mechanics that let Savage weave between enemies while filling them with holes.
- A meaningful collection of weapons; tear through Draculae’s army with a shotgun, an uzi, a hunting rifle, pistols, and more.
- Battle through a wide variety of horrific creatures, from werewolves and vampires to damned brides and biblically accurate angels.
- Environments filled with interactive objects – shoot ‘em up to get a better vantage point or snap a wooden table in half to resupply your stakes.
- An original hip-hop horror soundtrack made in a collaboration between Xalavier Nelson Jr. and RJ Lake.
- A fully-voiced cinematic neo-noir story starring Xalavier Nelson Jr. and content creator Negaoryx (Emme Montgomery).
- 40+ level campaign set in the ever-changing bowels of a motel in El Paso, Texas, with biomes ranging from medieval castles to blood-spattered meat lockers.