Low-poly recycling adventure Loddlenaut is set to release soon for PC.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Loddlenaut casts players as an interstellar custodian sent to a polluted ocean planet. While cleaning up the mess, players will need to recycle trash to build and upgrade powerful purification tools.
Loddle creatures respond to your ocean restoration efforts with affection and soon you’ll be surrounded with new best friends to name, feed, pet, communicate with, and even evolve.
Loddlenaut started out as a NYU Game Center thesis project in 2019 and has been in full development as a commercial release since May 2020. A demo featuring the Flotsam Flats biome – and several loddle friends-in-waiting – is available on Steam right now.
Loddlenaut is a creature-raising survival game that takes place on an ocean planet. Play as an interstellar custodian who is sent to clean up an abandoned planet polluted by a mega-corporation. Befriend local axolotl-like creatures and explore sunken corporate ruins as you revive the planet’s lush ecosystems.
- Explore an open-world alien planet
- Raise aquatic critters called “loddles” that grow based on what they eat
- Clean up icky goop and floating debris with your bubble gun
- Unlock special gadgets to clean different types of ocean pollution
- Recycle collected trash to craft useful items and upgrades