Developer nDreams has announced a release date for Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord, and it’s coming in time for Halloween.
The previously announced virtual reality spinoff is coming to PlayStation VR2 and Meta Quest on October 26th.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Gear up with the latest Ghostbustin’ gadgets from remote turrets to ghost decoys. Take on a variety of missions, like collecting dark PKE or closing interdimensional portals. Players must work together to solve puzzles, trap ghosts, and stop the March of the Malevolent. There’s nothing like bustin’ in four-player coop, but even solo, players can take on the Ghost Lord with the help of a ghostly companion.
The PlayStation VR2’s capabilities bring the Ghostbusters universe to life. Step into the role of a Ghostbuster like never before with PlayStation VR2 Sense™ Technology:
- 4K HDR display – PlayStation 5’s graphical capabilities intensify emotional experiences, from experiencing dread in dimly lit settings to the thrill of illuminating rooms with a proton wand and encountering cinematic ghostly effects.
- Eye Tracking – Enhances accuracy, menu navigation, and object interaction while improving communication during cooperative gameplay, allowing players to see and react to teammates more clearly. An essential component to working together to bust ghosts.
- Headset feedback – Feel the vibration of ghosts flying through with headset rumble. Subtle, responsive vibrations cue players to key details during gameplay, delivering visceral sensations during ghostly encounters, from subtle cues to spine-tingling shocks.
- Haptic feedback – Who doesn’t want to squeeze a marshmallow in VR? PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers bring an authentic feel to classic Ghostbuster gear, like picking up PKE Meters or squishing pesky Mini-Pufts out to sabotage gear.
- Adaptive triggers – Experience the thrill of priming a Proton Wand and then unleashing its power with a click. Adaptive triggers enhance immersion with all manners of authentic Ghostbustin’ gear, from proton wands to the brand-new muon trap thrower.
Check out today’s PlayStation Blog for more information on in-game features players can look forward to, including a roundtable with nDreams hosted by SPVR: How Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord captures the best of PS VR2
Ghostbuster: Rise of the Ghost Lord will support both free and paid additional downloaded content. Get the most out of the game with the Full Containment Edition, which includes the full game and post-launch content: four equipment skins, 10+ additional player avatars, a Slimer Hunt feature and collectible, and more, all at a discounted price.
On the PlayStation Store, Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord is available for pre-order for a limited time with a ten percent discount of $31.49 for the base game and $49.49 for the Full Containment Edition. The Full Containment Edition is available for pre-order on the Meta Quest Store, for a limited time, with a five-dollar discount at $49.99. All pre-order sales are valid now through October 26.
The fight against the Ghost Lord is just beginning. For more information about Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord, including FREE game modes, upcoming avatars and equipment skins, and other surprises to be announced, please visit GhostbustersVR.com and follow @sonypicturesvr and @ghostbusters on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter. Also, follow @ndreamsVR on Facebook and Twitter and @nDreams_VR on Instagram.