Ubisoft has revealed new details and gameplay for For Honor, their upcoming historical combat game.
Featured above, you can view some new gameplay for the action game, showing off the various playable factions.
The newly revealed Collector’s Case limited edition, available exclusively via the Uplay Shop, comes with the following:
- For Honor Gold Edition: the base game, the Digital Deluxe Pack from the Deluxe Edition, and the full Season Pass
- An exclusive Collector’s Box
- Three 1/3 scale, full metal warrior helmets on wooden stands representing the Knights, the Vikings and the Samurai
- An exclusive lithography
- The game’s original soundtrack
The game’s playable roster of heroes: the Knight, Viking, and Samurai, each include four elite warriors. These hero types include:
- Vanguards are well-balanced Heroes, with good attack, and defense capabilities and great versatility.
- Assassins are swift and lethal characters, great duelists with very good offense
- Heavies are the most resistant Heroes, their attacks are slow but deadly. They’re especially efficient for defending a point and annihilating AI enemies.
- Hybrids mix elements and characteristics of other types. They are advanced characters fostering uncommon tactics.
The various multiplayer modes for the game can be played online together with or against other players, and even AI bots. There’s also split-screen cooperative on consoles. The various modes include:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Elimination: In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
If you pre-order the game you’ll get the “Legacy Battle Pack,” which comes with three outfits representing the spirit of each faction. Exclusive to the Legacy Battle Pack, they’re wearable by the Warden, Raider, and Kensei Heroes.
In case you missed it, you can find our hands-on preview of the game here (we’re excited for it).
The game’s closed alpha will run through September 15th to the 18th. For Honor is launching across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 14th of next year.