Firefly Studios have announced a contest to allow fans to get their voices into Stronghold: Warlords, subverting issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
The developer is inviting gamers to submit recordings of their best “screams, grunts, shrieks, hollers and groans.” The best submissions will get a chance to be included in the final version of the game.
The contest was seemingly sparked by the coronavirus pandemic. “Unable to source actors and record audio in person,” the Steam post explains, “our hope is that enough players will be willing to warm up their vocal chords and scream into a microphone for the chance to themselves perish in-game.”
You can find more information about the contest here, and find the Screams of Stronghold Competition trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
For the first time ever Stronghold: Warlords allows you to recruit, upgrade and command AI lords across the battlefield in the form of in-game ‘Warlords’. Each warlord under your command boosts your strategic prowess with unique perks, characteristics and upgradeable abilities. Put them to work for your industry, fortifying borders, forging weapons or team up for a pincer attack! Each campaign mission, skirmish game and multiplayer battle means a fresh set of warlords to command and new strategic depth to discover.
The next chapter in Firefly Studios’ real-time strategy series, Stronghold: Warlords is Firefly’s first game to recreate the castle economies of the Far East. In Warlords you take command of Mongol hordes, imperial warriors and samurai clansmen as you lay siege to Japanese castles and fortified Chinese cities. Besiege historical warlords using new gunpowder-fuelled siege weapons, classic units and a completely new way to play Stronghold.
- CONQUER AND COMMAND WARLORDS across the battlefield unlocking more powerful castles, armies and abilities.
- RECRUIT NEW UNITS including imperial fire lancers, disciplined samurai, Mongolian bowmen and auxiliary laddermen.
- RELIVE HISTORICAL CAMPAIGNS from 3rd century BC China through to the rise of the Shogunate and coming of the Mongol Empire.
- RAZE YOUR ENEMIES with the arrival of gunpowder and new siege equipment such as the fire lance, siege tower and flaming ox!
- BECOME THE GREATEST LORD through fear or admiration using a range of medieval entertainment, taxation and torture.
Stronghold: Warlords is releasing in 2020 for Windows PC via Steam.