Although it won’t be until late in Final Fantasy 16, it’s possible to find Sephiroth’s iconic sword Masamune in a hidden location.
The sword was used by Sephiroth throughout Final Fantasy VII and is easily recognized by the incredible long and narrow blade it uses.
Where to find Sephiroth’s sword
- After completing the Main Story quest “Footfalls in Ash“, you’ll have access to the continent of Ash where the sword can be found.
- In the Kingdom of Waloed region, you’ll find a swampy landmark called The Angry Gap.
- You’ll find a large bridge bisecting the swamp and on the west side of that bridge you’ll find a wall to the south.
- Search the wall and you’ll find a crack that you can climb inside of to enter a secret area.
- Once inside, you’ll find a Chronolith Challenge called The Hand of Rhea.
- There will be an obelisk in the chamber and next to it you’ll find Masamune, the sword of Sephiroth.
Stat-wise, Masamune is among the best weapons in the game and will help carry players through mid-late game content.
Final Fantasy XVI was just launched for PlayStation 5 on June 22nd – a playable demo is available. Check out our thorough hands-on preview!