THQ Nordic have announced some ambitious marketing stunts for Expeditions: Rome, the upcoming turn-based tactical RPG by Logic Artists, including an Expeditions: Rome demo.
This new marketing campaign will be happening over the weekend, and will have likely started by the time you read this article. Firstly, players can give the game a try over the weekend with a free Expeditions: Rome demo. The Expeditions: Rome demo is set during the game’s Greek campaign, and tasks players with leading their legion to victory on the island of Lesbos. This translates to the first four hours of the game.
To get you acquainted with the Greek islands, THQ Nordic have released a new trailer that you can find below.
The more ambitious part of the marketing campaign consists of interactive streams on Twitch. From December 17th through the 20th, players can tune in to streams where select Twitch personalities will be playing through the early portions of the game’s campaign. Using a Twitch extension created by Muxy Inc., players can help or hinder the streamer in various ways. Players will be able to vote on dialogue options, send care packages to the streamer, muck with health bars, start fires that rage across the battlefield, and much more.
Not only that, but THQ Nordic will be running a Twitch Drops campaign, allowing viewers to unlock unique cosmetics that they can use in the demo and full game. Save files from the demo will also be persistent, allowing you to pick up right where you left off when the full game launches on January 20th. You can read all the details here.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?
Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respect, and to fear. In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.
- Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy
- Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield
- Adventure with 5 unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities
- Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself
- Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching
- Level-up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options
- Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character
- Lead your legion on 3 extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory