THQ Nordic have announced the Expeditions: Rome release date is set for January 2022, locking in Logic Artists’ historical RPG for launch.
The Expeditions: Rome release date is set for I.XX.MMXXII, or for you filthy non-Imperial Romans, Anno Domini 2022, on the 20th of Januarii. The game will be releasing for Windows PC via GOG and Steam.
This third game in the Expeditions franchise will allow players to lead their own Roman legion. Navigate the political intrigue of the Roman Empire as you raise your army, conquer territory, and decide the fate of Rome. Engage in turn-based tactical battles with your group of companions, and lead armies across Greece, Gaul, and North Africa during your journey to uncover the truth behind your father’s mysterious death. You can find the latest trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?
Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respect, and to fear. In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.
- Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy
- Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield
- Adventure with 5 unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities
- Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself
- Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching
- Level-up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options
- Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character
- Lead your legion on 3 extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory