Capcom has announced a bevy of changes and updates for dino-slaying shooter Exoprimal after the game hosted an open beta.
Most notable among the new details is that the game will now include a PvE only mode, a welcome addition to oldheads like yours truly who generally like to play solo.
The aforementioned Exoprimal beta ran from March 17th to the 19th – read our thorough hands-on preview for the game here.
Here’s the announced changes and updates:
Exoprimal’s full release will feature the following content for players to enjoy:
- Missions without direct combat between players where victory is determined by clearing the PvE objectives as fast as possible
- Cutscenes and an Analysis Map where players can explore Exoprimal’s story and the mysteries surrounding Leviathan and parallel worlds
- Story-related missions in Dino Survival
- 10-player co-op missions with a variety of objectives and even fiercer dinosaurs
- A variety of maps like Dam and Volcanic Base
- 5-player missions that rotate weekly with global leaderboards for fastest completion time
- Equipment called Modules that allow for deeper customization of exosuit capabilities
- Exosuit skins, weapon skins, decals, emotes, and other cosmetic options
- In-game medals and awards for completing certain challenges, like blocking a certain amount of damage as a Tank suit
We also plan on supporting Exoprimal with title updates after its release:
- Exosuit variants that use different equipment for different play styles, like Deadeye with a burst-fire rifle that can also be used as a shotgun
- Updates with each season that add more game content
- Collaborations with other Capcom titles
Exoprimal is set to launch on July 14th across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. The game will also be on Xbox Game Pass from day one.