Activision Blizzard have claimed that Diablo IV has become the fastest selling Blizzard game with over $666 million USD in sales in just the first five days since launch. Their claims comes from numbers “based on both units and dollars sold-through on all platforms”.
The company also shared some fun facts taken from all the stats of those enjoying Diablo IV such as:
- 276 billion total monsters killed since launch
- 317 million player deaths (…time to git gud)
- 276 million total hours played since early access (that’s more than 30,000 years, or enough time to watch everything on YouTube with 13,500 years to spare)
- More 166 million player parties created (party on!)
- 5.8 million total deaths served by The Butcher
- 430,000 players killed in PvP battle
- No. 1 on Twitch from early access on June 1 through June 9, breaking previous Blizzard records for hours streamed and watched over a similar period
Blizzard also shared the high praise it received from critics, garnering numerous ratings above 9/10. We also very much enjoyed the game, as you can read in our review here. As we too are among the critics to have given the game such a high rating.
Diablo IV is available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Battle.net).