Publisher Playtonic Friends and developer Fabraz have announced demonic 3D platformer Demon Turf launches November 4 across PC and consoles.
The 2020-announced Demon Turf launches November 4 across Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. The game will cost $24.99.
Furthermore, beginning today fans will be able to partake in the Demon Turf Trials, which are now available on the game’s Steam page, giving top players a chance to win a free copy of the game.
“Demon Turf Trials throws down new challenges for players and presents a fresh leaderboard to climb,” Playtonic Friends said in a presser. “Make it to the top of the board and be immortalised with a personal portrait in the main game and the chance to win a Steam key for the full release.”
Demon Turf Trials will be comprised of three unique challenges in the lead up to launch:
- 19th October – 4th November – Demo Speedrun Challenge: Top 5 best times (with video evidence ) win a Steam key
- Trial 1 – 21-28th Oct – Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
- Trial 2 – 28th Oct to 4th Nov -Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
The Demon World is inhabited by all kinds of nasties… Most of them lumped into gangs battling for dominion, each led by its own head honcho. Yet even these bad dudes are no match for the Demon King himself! Instead the task falls to Beebz, a young demon barely a thousand years old, who decides it’s time for her to kick every turf leader’s butt and become the Demon Queen herself.
- A unique aesthetic combining the expressiveness of 2D illustrations with the depth and sense of exploration 3D environments can offer!
- A world chock-full of humor and style, from the music accompanied by the protagonist’s rapping to the colorful characters inhabiting the world!
- A unique take on progression! Take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover. Or take some time off in the hub town taking on sidequests and other distinct challenges instead.
- Pull off some clever platforming combinations or get physical with a special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way.
- A different take on checkpoints, freeing the player to place them wherever they want. Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section.
- Unique challenges like the “Photo Hunt” mode where you’re tasked to take pictures of hidden locations & surprising moments! Or simply take picures and selfies for fun and share them across all social media!
- An awesome collection of purchasable mods that can be combined in clever ways to completely change your play style! Or you could buy some dyes & pets instead, the world’s your oyster!
- Tons of carefully crafted levels that constantly introduce new challenges as well as en- gaging bosses full of character and life! Until Beebz gets to them…