Fabraz (Slime-San) has announced Demon Turf at IGN’s Summer of Gaming event.
As stated in IGN’s coverage, players control Beebz, a demon attempting to take over the Demon World by defeating the leaders of the numerous gangs.
The 3D platformer “adopting some of its ’90s attitude for good measure” features 2D characters, physics-driven combat, and allows players to place their own checkpoints. Players can also use in-game cash to buy mods to change your playstyle.
After an area is liberated from a demon gang, the area changes, and can be explored once again. The game’s hub town features sidequests and challenges; such as a Photo Hunt where selfies in hidden areas of “surprising events.”
You can find the announcement trailer below, and IGN’s interview here.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
The Demon World is inhabited by all kinds of nasties… Most of them lumped into gangs battling for dominion, each led by its own head honcho. Yet even these bad dudes are no match for the Demon King himself! Instead the task falls to Beebz, a young demon barely a thousand years old, who decides it’s time for her to kick every turf leader’s butt and become the Demon Queen herself.
- A unique aesthetic combining the expressiveness of 2D illustrations with the depth and sense of exploration 3D environments can offer!
- A world chock-full of humor and style, from the music accompanied by the protagonist’s rapping to the colorful characters inhabiting the world!
- A unique take on progression! Take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover. Or take some time off in the hub town taking on sidequests and other distinct challenges instead.
- Pull off some clever platforming combinations or get physical with a special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way.
- A different take on checkpoints, freeing the player to place them wherever they want. Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section.
- Unique challenges like the “Photo Hunt” mode where you’re tasked to take pictures of hidden locations & surprising moments! Or simply take picures and selfies for fun and share them across all social media!
- An awesome collection of purchasable mods that can be combined in clever ways to completely change your play style! Or you could buy some dyes & pets instead, the world’s your oyster!
- Tons of carefully crafted levels that constantly introduce new challenges as well as en- gaging bosses full of character and life! Until Beebz gets to them…
From the makers of Slime-san comes their newest creation! The team used everything they learned from their 2D platformer to elevate this 3D platformer to the next level!
Demon Turf launches in an estimated late 2020 and early 2021 on Windows PC, and Mac (via Epic Games Store, and Steam) Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.