Dead Island 2 has changed its release date more times than one can count with its numerous delays.
It has changes dates yet again, but for once in a positive direction as developer Dambuster Studios and publisher Deep Silver have announced the launch date to be moving up one week to April 21, 2023.
When the game does release, it’ll be available for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
The game has seen plenty of delays, including how we got to its previous release date of April 28, 2023, which was a push back from a slated February 3, 2023. There’s also no concern about any more delays as the announcement reveals the game has gone gold.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Dead Island 2
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning inhabitants into zombies. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, uncover the truth behind the outbreak and discover who -or what- you are. Pre-purchase now and get the Memories of Banoi!
Los Angeles is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Only you, and the handful of others who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, holds the future of the city (and humanity), in the balance.
Dead Island 2 is stylish, vibrant and flooded with zombie infection. Explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer!
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and tactical (and brutal) options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? Our LA is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in LA for a very long (and gory) trip.