Publisher Funcom and developer Mighty Kingdom have announced another delay for Conan Chop Chop.
The four-player cooperative action-adventure game will forgo its planned 2020 release window for one sometime in early 2021. Conan Chop Chop is set to release across Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The June 2019-announced game was originally set for a September release of that year, only to get delayed several times through 2020. Since this is not the first delay, Funcom said “this time we really mean it.”
“If we had launched this year, there’d be half the number of cute pigs in the game,” Funcom chief creative officer Joel Bylos said in a press release. “And you can’t launch a Conan game without that. And besides, the only crunch we want in our Conan game is the crunch of bones beneath our sandaled feet.”
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
The treacherous wizard Thoth-Amon has devised a plan to resurrect the ancient evil that is Xaltotun. If he succeeds, he will condemn the world to an eternity of darkness and enslavement. Only you can stop him, but in order to do so you must use all your cunning. All your guile. You must summon all your courage and swordsmanship. You must … Chop Chop!
Conan Chop Chop is the most epic and realistic stick figure game ever to be set in the world of Conan the Barbarian, thus there will be an excessive amount of gore and flying limbs. Be warned that this may in turn lead to uncontrollable outbursts of joy and/or profanities, usually depending on which end of the sword you are on.
- 1 – 4 Players! – Play solo for the ultimate thrill of a rogue-lite or have your buddies along with you in online or couch co-op mode.
- Infinite Replayability – Completely random maps and tons of weapons and abilities ensure that every new game will be a whole new experience. You are bound to die more than once, but you can unlock new weapons, charms and armor that will be available for your next play-through.
- Become Conan… Or Someone Else! – All brawns, no brain? No worries! Choose between a diverse cast of badass warrior gods, and add weapons and items to match your style!
- Ruthless Bosses! – Before facing Thoth-Amon, you must vanquish bosses such as The Giant Sand Worm of Koth, The Frost Giant of Vanaheim and The Fire Skull of Hyperborea. But by Crom… isn’t that… a Gorilla in a Cape?!
- Explore in Every Direction! – Brave the shifting sands of Koth, explore the dark woods in Darkwood, move valiantly through the searing land of Hyperboria and slide through the icy world of Vanaheim. Each world inhabited by a diverse cast of violent creatures, fixated on making your stay a short one.
- Embark on Quests of Pure Epicness! – Are you telling me that girl has lost her teddy bear? I guess saving the world will just have to wait!
- Loot, Loot and More Loot! – Master the fine art of delicately bashing your enemies’ heads in with a rake and turning them into chop suey with a bastard sword. Conan Chop Chop lets you experiment with more than 14 trillion different weapons, armor and charm combinations.
- Master Astonishing Combos! – Acquire new skills as you progress further into the deadly lands of Hyboria, such as the awe inspiring 360° spin-attack, the remarkable dash attack and the incredibly rapid… rapid attack.