Square Enix has announced the Bravely Default: Brilliant Lights release date is set for January 2022 in Japan, and pre-registration for the game is available.
Here’s the opening movie for the game:
Here’s a rundown on the July-announced game, via its store page:
Bravely Default Brilliant Lights (BDBL) is the latest title in Square Enix’s “Bravely” RPG series for smartphones, which has sold more than 3 million units worldwide in total.
The game features a profound world and story by Keiichi Ajiro, superb BGM by Revo, and challenging strategic battles using the “Brave & Default” system, making it easy to enjoy an RPG experience similar to that of consumer games.
- A single-player RPG that can be played by everyone.
- No character gacha! No character gacha! You can choose your favorite characters and train them to the fullest!
- You can choose your favorite characters and train them to your heart’s content. ・The series characters are playable one after another!
- No character gacha!
- The Brave & Default system is used for challenging strategic battles!
Worldview and story
Four Warriors of Light on an adventure through the Crystal ## DESC Four Warriors of Light on an adventure through the Crystal
After the death of the great alchemist who proposed the creation of the Crystal, the founder of all things, 5000 years have passed since.
The light of the crystal still does not shine on the earth, and a barren wilderness called the “Blood Sands” spreads out, and the great north-south rift, drilled by the arrows of giants, separates the cultures of the east and west. In the midst of the land wasted by years of warfare and “bloodsands,” there was only one land blessed with water and greenery. That place is Brass, the city of alchemy, where the story begins.
One evening… One evening… a dazzling ball of light appears in the ancient ruins on the outskirts of Brass, illuminating the night sky.
The next morning, Claire, who is studying the ruins as an alchemist apprentice, receives a request to investigate the damage.
- A single-player RPG that can be played by everyone – As a single-player RPG for smartphones, you can easily play it alone, regardless of time and place. If you want to play the game with your friends, you can do so by yourself.
- No character gacha! You can choose your favorite characters and train them to the fullest – You can choose your favorite characters and train them to their fullest according to their abilities and personalities.
- You can choose your favorite characters and train them according to their abilities and personalities – Playable characters from the series will be joining the game one after another!
- As part of the “Bravely” series 10th anniversary project, many characters from the series will be joining the game as playable characters – As part of the “Bravely” series 10th anniversary project, many characters from the series will be joining the game as playable characters.
- This is the first time that the series’ signature “Brave & Default” battle system has been optimized for a smartphone game – The “Brave” is an offensive strategy that allows you to take up to four actions per turn, and the “Default” is a defensive strategy that allows you to save your actions for the “Brave”. This is the first time that the game has been adapted for use in a game.
Miyuki Sawashiro, Tomori Kusunoki, Souma Saito, Takashi Kondo, Shizuka Ito, Mitsuki Saiga, Ryota Takeuchi, Mai Aizawa, Hanane Tani, Takaya Tsuchishi, Toru Okawa, Keiji Fujiwara, Yasuyuki Kase, Lee Takahashi, Yu Shimamura, Shunsuke Takeuchi, Kazuhiko Inoue, Yukana, Tomoyo Kurosawa, Yukiyo Fujii and more..
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!