A Legendary raid is returning to Pokemon Go; in preparation for its return, we have prepared the best Yveltal raid counters to date in 2022.
While Fashion Week may be over in real life, it is now coming to Pokemon Go. During the event, Absol, Blitzle, Butterfree, Croagunk, Diglet, Kirlia, Shinx, and Smoochum will have special fashionable costumes while appearing in the wild and raids. For the first time, Shiny Furfrou will be available. Additionally, Mareanie and Toxapex will make their Pokemon Go debut.
On top of a change of spawns comes a change to raids. During the Fashion Week event, Yveltal and Mega Lopunny will be appearing in raids. We have previously covered how to defeat Mega Lopunny, so now we will cover how to take down the Yveltal raid; during the event, Lopunny and Yveltal can be shiny after defeating the raid.
Now let’s dive into the best Yveltal raid counters.
Yveltal Raid Stats
- Yveltal is a Dark, Flying-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Ice, Electric, Fairy, and Rock-type moves.
- The Yveltal Raid CP is 45899
- Yveltal’s Base HP is 246
- Its Attack is 250 and its Defense is 185
- The Base catch CP is between 2,073 to 2,160
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,591 to 2,701
- It is Weather Boosted by Foggy, Windy, or Cloudy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Gust, Snarl, or Sucker Punch
- Its Charged moves can be Hurricane, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Psychic, or Hyper Beam
Yveltal Raid Counters
Going into the Yveltal raid, trainers will need a heavy-hitting team of Pokemon with type effective moves. Overall, Yveltal is a well-rounded Legendary Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Mega Ampharos, Mega Abomasnow, or Mega Aerodactyl will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use either Ice, Electric, Fairy, or Rock-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using psychic, dark, ground, ghost, or grass-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Zap Cannon/Dazzling Gleam
- Xurkitree – Thunder Shock/Spark & Discharge/Dazzling Gleam
- Thundurus (Therian) – Thunder Shock/Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Raikou – Volt Switch & Wild Charge
- Mega Manectric – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Deoxys – Charge Beam & Thunderbolt
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Vikavolt – Spark & Discharge
- Jolteon – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball
- Galarian Darmanitan – Ice Fang & Avalanche
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Weavile – Ice Shard & Avalanche
- Glaceon – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Jynx – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Primarina – Charm & Moonblast
- Gardevoir – Charge Beam/Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Zacian – Quick Attack & Play Rough
- Galarian Rapidash – Fairy Wind & Play Rough
- Slurpuff – Charm & Draining Kiss
- Sylveon – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Meteor Beam
- Landorus (Therian) – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Alolan Golem – Rock Throw & Wild Charge
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you try to grind out the Kartana and Celesteela Raid one last time? What about the Mega Aggron raid; both the legendary and mega raids change on September 27th. Mega Lopunny and Yveltal raids will run until October 3rd.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news