The Pokemon Go Valentine’s Day Event 2023 is currently underway in Pokemon Go.
From Wednesday, February 8th to Tuesday, February 14th, 2023, Pokemon Go trainers can participate in the Pokemon Go Valentine’s Day Event 2023. During the event, there will be an abundance of cute Pokemon. Keep an eye out for the Tapu Lele raid and the debuting Mega Gardevoir Raid. Trainers can still actively work on the Shadow Registeel questline during the event.
Tapu Lele and Mega Gardevior are the second raids taking place during February and will be available from February 8th to February 15th, 2023. Many trainers will most likely try to shiny hunt Tapu Lele since its shiny variation is making its Pokemon Go debut. Mega Gardevoir will also have shiny variations as rewards but those were previously in Pokemon Go. Both Pokemon have similar weaknesses, but for this guide, we will be focusing on the best Mega Gardevoir raid counters.
This is the first time covering Mega Gardevoir. Keep an eye out for the Shiny Tapu Lele and Shiny Gardevoir.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the best Mega Gardevoir raid counters:
Best Mega Gardevoir raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Gardevoir Raid Stats
- Mega Gardevoir is a Psychic, Fairy-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Ghost, Poison, and Steel-type moves.
- Mega Gardevoir Raid CP is 50532
- Mega Gardevoir’s Base HP is 169
- Its Attack is 326 and its Defense is 229
- The Base catch CP is between 1,688 to 1,767
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,110 to 2,496
- It is Weather Boosted by Cloudy or Windy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Confusion, Charge Beam, or Charm
- Its Charged moves can be Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Dazzlng Gleam
- Gardevoir will know Synchronoise
Mega Gardevoir Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Gardevoir raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high defensive stats. Overall, Mega Gardevoir is a heavy hitting fairy-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average HP stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 5 trainers; a team of 5 to 9 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, or Mega Aggron will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Ghost, Poison, and Steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Fighting, Dragon, or Dark-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Ghost Types:
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw & Sludge Bomb
- Chandelure – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Giratina – Shadow Claw & Shadow Force
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Alakazam – Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Hoopa – Astonish & Shadow Ball
Alternate Ghost Types:
- Mega Banette – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Gardevoir – Charge Beam & Shadow Ball
- Darkrai – Feint Attack & Shadow Ball
- Dusknoir – Astonish & Psychic
- Drifblim – Hex & Ominous Wind
- Cofagrigus – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Mismagius – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Trevenant – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
Primary Steel Types:
- Mega Scizor – Bullet Punch & Iron Head
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Dialga – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Genesect – Metal Claw & Magnet Bomb
- Jirachi – Charge Beam & Doom Desire
- Excadrill – Metal Claw & Iron Head
Alternate Steel Types:
- Mega Aggron – Iron Tail & Heavy Slam
- Steelix – Iron Tail & Heavy Slam
- Registeel – Metal Claw & Flash Cannon
- Celesteela – Air Slash & Heavy Slam
- Cobalion – Zen Headbutt & Iron Head
- Steelix – Iron Tail & Heavy Slam
- Bisharp – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Aerodactyl – Steel Wing & Iron Head
Primary Poison Types
- Mega Beedrill – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Nihilego – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Overqwil – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Roserade – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Victreebel – Acid & Sludge Bomb
- Vileplume – Acid & Sludge Bomb
- Mega Venusaur – Vine Whip & Sludge Bomb
- Skunktank – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Scolipede – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Deoxys – Poison Jab & Zap Cannon
- Galarian Slowbro – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Make sure to get your shadow Registeel while you can. Tapu Lele and Mega Gardevoir will be available from February 8th to February 15th. Mega Pidgeot and Regirock will replace them and be available until February 22nd.
Which of these two will you shiny hunt?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.