Best Mega Abomasnow Raid Counters in 2022
This week, Niantic unveiled the Pokemon Go August 2022 Roadmap. In the roadmap, Niantic unveiled the Legendary and Mega raids taking place during August. As July comes to a close, the final two raids of the month are now underway and will run into August. More details about the complete August 2022 roadmap will come later this week.
The Mega Abomasnow raid will be available from July 31st to August 10th, 2022. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny Abomasnow if you take down the Mega raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Palkia raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Mega Abomasnow raid counters.
Mega Abomasnow Raid Stats
- Mega Abomasnow is a Grass Ice-Type Pokemon
- It is weak to Bug, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Rock, and Steel-type moves
- It is extremely weak to Fire-type moves (2x)
- Mega Abomasnow’s Raid CP is 44824
- Mega Abomasnow’s Base HP is 207
- Its Attack is 240 and Defense is 191
- The base catch CP is between 1281 – 1349
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1601 – 1687
- It is weather boosted by either sunny, cloudy, windy, or snowy weather
- Mega Abomasnow’s fast moves are Powder Snow & Razor Leaf
- Its charged moves are Weather Ball, Energy Ball, Blizzard, and Outrage
Mega Abomasnow Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Abomasnow Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a decent attack stat and type effective attacks. Overall, Mega Abomasnow is one of the easiest Mega pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 6 trainers; a team of 3 to 8 trainers can take it down in under a minute and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can shred through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Houndoom or Mega Charizard Y will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Fire (2X), Bug, Fighting, Flying, Rock, or Steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Ground, Water, Grass, or Electric -type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Charizard Y – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Entei – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Blaziken – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Mega Houndoom – Fire Fang & Fire Blast
- Moltres – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Flareon – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Heatran – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Infernape – Fire Spin – Blast Burn
- Emboar – Ember & Blast Burn
- Ho-Oh – Incinerate & Sacred Fire
- Typhlosion – Ember & Blast Burn
- Salamance – Fire Fang & Blast Burn
- Arcanine – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Rapidash – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
- Heatmor – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Simisear – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Victini – Confusion & Overheat
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Flamethrower
- Delphox – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you grind out the Mega Abomasnow Raid or take on the Palkia Raid? If not, will you be waiting for the mystery Mega Pokemon or Genesect? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news