Atlus says Project Re Fantasy is making progress little by little, news confirmed in the latest Weekly Famitsu (via Ryokutya2089).
While Atlus says Project Re Fantasy is making progress little by little, we haven’t heard about the game since September of 2018, and even then we haven’t really seen anything for the game since its soft reveal back in 2016.
Since the original teaser video was shared back in December of 2016, a second teaser video was shared that teased in-game classes with real-life actors to represent the classes. However, fans were even more confused with the other video they shared that just showed a French man in armor, eating a roasted pigeon.
Project Re Fantasy is being developed by Atlus’ new internal Studio Zero, with Atlus company director Naoto Hiraoka noting their goal was creating an entirely new IP while also setting the bar even higher for the company as a whole. Release platforms nor a release window are still up in the air.
Atlus also teased (via Ryokutya2089) lots of little tidbits for their other games in the pipeline from Hiraoka:
- We want to hold events for Persona to the fullest extent possible. This is not only for Japan but also for overseas.
- We will continue to focus on Vanillaware titles and other Atlus IP.
- We are working on a variety of titles, both announced and unannounced, so that we can deliver them as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to bring some surprises in the future.
- We currently have five or six development lines in operation, and if you include the ones we’re working on in collaboration with Vanillaware and other outside companies, there are about 10.
- Project Re Fantasy is making progress little by little, and we hope to deliver it at the right time.
- As for Etrian Odyssey, we’re trying to bring you as much information as possible.
- We’re also working on some other big unannounced projects that will surprise you, and we’re excited to share them with you soon. Please give us some time before the announcement.
We’ll keep you guys posted.