Publisher Playstack and developer 2Awesome Studio have announced a release window for AK-xolotl, their cute yet deadly roguelite shooter.
AK-xolotl is launching sometime in 2023 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5. A playable demo is also available on the game’s Steam page.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
AK-xolotl is the ultimate top-down roguelite shooter starring the most adorable amphibian! You’re an axolotl armed with an AK, that embarks on an epic rampage, shooting down anything that stands in your way.
Slaughter your way through a variety of biomes and conquer randomly generated rooms, all while collecting delicious food and capturing precious baby Axolotls.
- The Cutest and Deadliest Roguelite – Channel the incredible power of Axolotls’ regeneration! If you’re knocked down, you will rise again from the ashes and start stronger, unlocking new weapons with each fight. Fight, die, come back stronger and fight again!
- Find, Feed, and Love the Axolittles – On your journey, you will find different baby Axolotls – Axolittles! Bring Axolittles back to your pond; nurturing them with love and care, they will grow up and become your next fighter with killer abilities!
- Mem[e]orable Bosses – From Slithering Sock Snakes to Giant (knife wielding) Enemy Crabs, these bosses will put your regenerative abilities to the test. Time to bring an AK-47 to a knife fight!
- Nonlinear Progression – Find Axolotl eggs and raise new powerful Axolittles by turning them into highly specialized little killing machines. Take their firepower to the next level by cooking up permanent, stat-improving recipes. Take no prisoners, eat everything and become unstoppable.
- Mighty Power-Ups – Fight up close with the Axe-alotl or or set your Phaser to “murder”… your playstyle is your pick! Take your firepower to the next level with mighty power-ups like Mjolnir, Gamer Juice or…Cousin Carl?