Nacon have released a new trailer for upcoming tactical roguelite Rogue Lords’ closed beta, along with confirming a Steam Next Fest demo.
In the game, players control the Devil on his quest for vengeance against the demon hunters that imprisoned him. Build a party of insidious individuals from throughout history and send them on missions to disrupt order and sow terror. The Devil isn’t known for fighting fair, which means that you can manipulate your allies, enemies, and even the UI by sacrificing some of your health.
You can find the new teaser trailer below.
Rogue Lords is currently holding a closed beta on Steam until June 14th. You can sign up to the closed beta via the game’s official website. The game will also get a demo during the Steam Next Fest on the 16th through the 22nd.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The first roguelike in which you play as the devil, which means you can change some of the game’s rules to your advantage! Run after run, manage your team of famous evil geniuses as they encounter unforeseen events and turn-based combat. Unlock new skills, create powerful synergies and use your powers to turn the situation in your favour at critical moments. Only by collecting ancient artefacts can you finally take your revenge on the Demon Hunters.
A DARK TALE
Weakened from defeat to the forces of good, you fled the world and sought refuge in hell to survive. Decades later, you have returned with your most faithful Disciples to exact revenge on those wretched Demon Hunters. But the world has changed in your absence. Your enemies have become all-powerful, and a new religion – the Sanctua Lumen – has become very influential. It mercilessly hunts down all those who serve you. To reinstate your hold over the world of humans, you must first regain the strength you previously wielded by taking possession of artefacts with legendary power.
CONTROL FAMOUS EVIL GENIUSES
- Create your team of 3 Disciples from Dracula, the Headless Horsemen, Bloody Mary, the White Lady, Lilith, Hecate, Baron Samedi, and Frankenstein and his Creature.
- Each Disciple has their own unique story, abilities and gameplay: combine their skills to create devastating synergies, and deal with the mortals that dare stand in your way.
- Collect souls and exchange them for new skills, upgrades and powerful relics that can strengthen your Disciples.
THE DEVIL PLAYS BY HIS OWN RULES
- Sacrifice some of your health to control the game interface: nothing will stop you – and certainly not the rules imposed on mortals.
- Manipulate the health bars of your Disciples and enemies, optimise status effects to suit your fight tactics, open portals on the map, tip the odds in your favour during events… there are many occasions to use your diabolical powers throughout your run.
TAKE BACK YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE
- Increase the terror gauge by winning fights and completing interactive events to earn valuable bonuses for your Disciples.
- Complete each event to your liking to reduce the influence of the Sanctua Lumen, give mortals good reason to fear you, and decide the fate of traitors who have allied themselves with your enemies.
- Take revenge on the Demon Hunters in epic turn-based fights.
Rogue Lords launches 2021 for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.