The Persistence Enhanced launches June 4 for PC, Xbox Series X+S, and PS5, developer Firesprite Games has announced.
If you own the original version of The Persistence on PC, Xbox One, or PS4 you’ll get an upgrade when The Persistence Enhanced launches June 4.
“We’re really excited to debut The Persistence on next-generation hardware, bringing improvements that intensify the immersive stealth horror for both existing players and newcomers alike.” said Graeme Ankers, Managing Director at Firesprite.
Confirmed back in April of last year, The Persistence Enhanced will be available as a standalone paid digital download, an upgrade to owners of the original, and via publishing partner Perp Games the game will get a retail edition for PlayStation 5 in Europe.
Here’s a brief rundown on The Persistence Enhanced:
The Persistence offers a brutal take on survival-horror that integrates an innovative rogue-lite design into the genre, as players are tasked with surviving aboard a doomed deep space colony starship in the year 2521, repeatedly heading deeper and deeper in the decks of The Persistence on each run, to repair the systems and prevent the ship from being torn apart.
The Persistence Enhanced dials up the atmosphere and tension further with improved lighting and particle effects and the addition of a Raytracing ‘Quality’ mode for XBOX Series X and PlayStation®5, which also includes immersive haptic feedback via DualSense™. DXR implementation is enabled for PCs with a supported graphics card.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the original game, via its Steam page:
The Persistence challenges you, a clone of security officer Zimri Elder, to survive aboard a doomed deep space colony starship, overrun with horrific and murderous aberrations. You are the last survivor. Your mission? Restore functionality to the ship and somehow make your way back to Earth.
- Death is just the beginning – The only thing that stands in the way of saving the starship is an array of clone printed monstrosities, constantly replenished by the ship’s malfunctioning clone printer. If any encounter with these foes proves fatal, Zimri’s consciousness is uploaded into a new host body, ready for the next attempt.
- An ever-changing labyrinth – The colony starship has a self-configuring macrostructure which can alter its internal architecture – and due to the catastrophic malfunction, that’s exactly what will happen. Upon awakening in a new cloned body or on teleporting between decks, the layout of the starship will change each time. Each and every expedition into The Persistence will be unique, with different items and gear to collect & upgrade.
- Enhance, upgrade and augment – The technology of the 26th century allows for genetic augmentation and manipulation of dark matter technology. Resequence Zimri’s DNA to improve health, toughness and defensive abilities or even harvest crew DNA to create cloned bodies of crewmembers to inhabit, each with their own unique abilities.
- Explore, evade, fight and gather resources – The mutated horde won’t think twice about tearing Zimri limb from limb. Use the environment to scope out, stalk and gain the tactical advantage in either evading or attempting to take them down. Explore the decks of the ship and gather resources, weapons and suit customizations to aid survival in the journey deeper into the dark and terrifying depths.
- Asymmetric Multiplayer – Connect a phone or tablet running IOS or Android to the game for up to 2 players to take control of ‘Solex’ – the ship’s engineering system. Once connected, they will be able to take control of the ship’s systems in realtime, including abilities to lure creatures, open doors and disable any of the ship’s internal security defenses.
IOS or Android compatible device and “The Persistence” application required for Asymmetric Multiplayer to work. Data charges may apply.
- VR Headset support – Compatible with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Valve Index and WMR headsets. Features tailored control settings and comfort options for VR and non-VR play. (Motion controls are not supported).