Redblack Spade have announced the release date for their surreal and psychedelic Metroidvania, Fearmonium.
In the game, players control a growing phobia within the darkest subconscious depths of a young boy Max’s traumatized mind. A scary encounter with circus clowns has developed into a full blown crippling phobia. Travel through Max’s deepest and most repressed memories, navigate psychedelic levels, and fight enemies based on Max’s anxieties and fears.
You can find the release date trailer below.
Fearmonium launches May 20th for Windows PC and Mac (both via Steam).
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Fearmonium is a psychedelic metroidvania where suspense intertwines with humor. Start the game as the usual unpleasant memory and reincarnate into a real phobia by breaking through the most hidden corners of consciousness of Max.
The whole game will unfold in the inner world of a boy who once saw several clowns at a fair. Their images secured by support of Depression are making their way into the depths of his consciousness through the nightmare, meeting Max’s memories on their way, anxieties and bright images. Will the clowns be able to supplant all objective fears of Max and take the place of his main horror?
– A huge map of Max’s consciousness, woven from abstract images and half-forgotten memories;
– Classic and hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation;
– Dynamic battles with combo attacks and a variety of unique abilities;
– Information about the process of the formation of new phobias and the nature of human consciousness;
– Memorable enemies, whose images reflect what Max saw in the real world;
– The answer to the question: does a phobia always cause irreparable harm, or can its presence change life for better?