Dragon Quest Rivals Ace is shutting down on July 5th, publisher and developer Square Enix has announced.
The free-to-play card game Dragon Quest Rivals Ace is shutting down and terminating its online services on July 5th at 1 PM Japan time.
Square Enix noted that while they’ve been working diligently every day to offer a better service for the card game, they’ve come to the final decision that it will be difficult to keep supporting the game and provide a service that will make users happy.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
A digital card game where you can enjoy turn-based battles with cards of characters and monsters appearing in Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest Rivals” will be reborn as “Dragon Quest Rivals Ace”, a digital card game where players can enjoy turn-based battles Dragon Quest Rivals” is reborn as “Dragon Quest Rivals Ace”.
The long-awaited single player mode, Solo Battle Adventure, is here! Become a “hero” with special powers and battle against various monsters and bosses!
“You and all the other heroes who have traveled through Dracula in the past. The Book of Adventure left behind by all the heroes who once traveled through Dracula, including you.
The Tower of Barkad is said to exist somewhere in this world. The Tower of Barkad, which is said to exist somewhere in this world, contains all of these adventure books.
This game follows the adventures of the heroes of the past. This game was created from the memories of the heroes of the past. This is a card game where players battle against each other using mysterious cards created from the memories of the heroes of the past inscribed in the Book of Adventures.
Players from around the world compete against each other in card battles. Players from all over the world compete against each other in card battles and aim for the heights of the tower.
- Become a “hero” and face off against monsters and bosses of the past! – New mode “Solo Battle Adventure” starts! Even if you are a card game beginner, don’t worry! Autoplay is also implemented! Let’s go on a new adventure!
- Play against other players from all over the country anytime, anywhere! – Play against other players from all over the country anytime, anywhere with Ranked Match, Free Match, and Room Match. You can play against players from all over the country in Ranked Match, Free Match, and Room Match.
- Guild Function – Create a guild with like-minded friends, exchange information, and show off your deck! Create a guild with like-minded friends, exchange information, and show off your deck! You can also enjoy battles with other guild members!
- Store – Get your favorite and most powerful cards to strengthen your deck and create your own unique deck!
- Watch – Watch the battles of other players! Watch other players’ battles and get excited!
Dragon Quest Rivals Ace has been available for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch (via eShop), iOS (via App Store), and Android (via Google Play) in Japan. The game is itself a re-release and rebranding of the original free-to-play card game Dragon Quest Rivals, which launched in 20217.
The latest mainline game in the franchise, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, is available on Windows PC (via Steam), and PlayStation 4. In case you missed it, you can check out our review here. The game’s enhanced port, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, is available on Nintendo Switch, Windows PC (via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and you can find our review for the new version here.
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!