Today’s Niche Spotlight is Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron, an arcade-style aerial combat game by Phosphor Game Studio.
Dakka Squadron puts you in the cockpit of a variety of Ork Dakkajets and Fighta-Bommas, as you dogfight across the skies of the 40k universe. Choose the Ork clan you fight for, and blaze a trail of destruction to become the most dead killy Ork flyboy in the known galaxy.
Collect scrap to upgrade your Dakkajet and equip a variety of shootas, rokkits, and bombs. The game features a single player campaign as well as competitive online multiplayer.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron is available on Windows PC (via Steam) for $19.99 USD, and Android and iOS for $4.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron – Flyboyz Edition.
Blazing, Ork aerial combat waged across 41st millennium battlefields.
Dakka Squadron is a fast-paced, aerial shooter where you are an Ork Flyboy, taking to the skies to do what Orks do best – fight!
Fly across alien worlds, against insane odds, blasting away with your Supa-Shootas to destroy enemy air forces and ground targets, while unlocking new weapons and upgrading your plane to be the most “dead killy” Flyboy in the sky.
Choose an Ork Clan and customize your jet to augment your play style.
Fly Dakkajets, Burna-Bommas, and Blitza-Bommas, equip them with an array of guns, bombs, and missiles, learn special maneuvers, and unleash your dakka and test your mettle against your fellow Flyboys in a deathmatch multiplayer mode, and against deadly enemies in the campaign.
- Fly your way through the campaign where the Orks squabble over who will lead them on a new Waaagh!
- Explore incredible environments across multiple planets in the single-player campaign.
- Fantastic voice acting and dialog unveil a plot that captures the grim humour of the Warhammer 40,000 universe
Burn da Skies:
- Master dog fighting, dive bombing, and carpet bombing and use different playstyles to complete varied air to air, and air to ground missions.
- Use barrel rolls, snap turns, and boosts to avoid any incoming fire or to turn da tables on yer enemies!
- Blast other players and AI to zog, in the deathmatch multiplayer mode. Bring your jets from your campaign loaded for war!
- Complete missions and amass teef to unlock powerful Orky weapons and receive gubbinz upgrades.
- Game pad support.
- The first video game built from the ground up by Orks for Orks.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!