Today’s Niche Spotlight is Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism, the third game in Starni Games’ series of WWII wargames.
This time around, players will control the Red Army through a wide range of historic and fictional military operations. Command land, sea, and air units as you fight back against the German invasion of the USSR, and attempt to bring all of Europe under the banner of communism.
Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism features a branching story-driven campaign with persistent upgradable units, and a number of “what-if” scenarios that allow you to change the outcome of WWII.
You can find the launch trailer below, along with an earlier gameplay trailer.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism. (c) Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto
Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism is a (hi)story-driven turn-based strategy set in the WW2 period. It offers refined wargame mechanics, story-rich gameplay, and modern 3D graphics. Lead the USSR Armed forces staging the world Communist revolution.
The game has many historical operations and events but also features a number of alternate history moments. It is created with great care and attention to historical details by a team which is passionate about WW2 history. Watching cinematics before and after every operation you can almost feel that you are indeed a participant of the unfolding epochal events. Moreover, numerous primary and secondary objectives allow you to explore every battle in detail. The gameplay is plot-driven and features many historical personalities such as Joseph Stalin, Georgy Zhukov, Vyacheslav Molotov, Kliment Voroshilov, Lavrentiy Beria, Aleksandr Vasilevsky, Konstantin Rokossovsky and others.
Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism is the third installment in the Strategic Mind line of games. The first one – “Strategic Mind: The Pacific” – was about naval warfare during the Pacific War, while the second one – “Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg” – was telling the story of the European theater from the German perspective. It is high time “Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism” tells the USSR story in WW2, a story filled with valiant hearts and vile betrayals. As a part of the Strategic Mind franchise, it will retain many features of the series along with adding new content and features to the existing variety.
- Command ground, air, and naval forces with the emphasis on the land battles.
- Enjoy the modern 3D graphics brought by UE4 engine with detailed models of all the units, day/night cycle and weather effects.
- Upgrade and customize your troops by leveling them up and selecting skills that best suit your strategy.
- Provide your troops with additional equipment for each operation according to your strategy and the war theatre.
- Receive a number of awards throughout the game and get access to unique HQ skills, which you can learn to increase the efficiency and synergy of your troops.
- Acquire various new units out of 10 different classes. All units and equipment are available at the historically accurate time periods.
- Capture trophies and employ some of the enemy`s most advanced units against him in future battles.
- Explore various “what if’s” to see what could have happened if the Soviet Armed forces were to continue their struggle for the world Communist revolution.
- Immerse yourself into the story by watching over 60 minutes of cinematics, and listening to in-operation dialogues with full VO.
- Enjoy the benefits of our “no in-game purchases” policy.
- Feel the rising power of the World Communist Revolution and decide the fate of the European continent.
“Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
Workingmen of all countries unite!” (c) Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!