Today’s Niche Spotlight is The Equinox Hunt, a stealth roguelite by EvilStar Studios.
You play as an unfortunate victim being hunted by a deranged cult in a secluded forest. The cult has divided themselves into different factions that each use unique tactics and weapons, in their quest to find and kill you as part of their depraved ritual. Unarmed and outnumbered, your only hope for survival is to stealthily escape the forest by avoiding the hunters.
You can find the launch trailer below.
The Equinox Hunt is available on Windows PC via Steam for $13.99.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Since time immemorial, the Equinox Hunt took place in the depths of the forest. The prey has to go through the night for a chance at freedom. The forest is full of lurking hunters, ready at any moment to engulf their victim in fear and sheer terror.
Even if the hunters are brutal, they grouped themselves into different specialized factions. Though different, they cooperate during the hunt to ensure the toughness of their victims.
- Hide from the hunters and make your way through the woods.
- Escape from the forest and reclaim your freedom.
- Discover the mystery behind the cultists and their ritual.
- True stealth. You’re not a hunter, you’re the VICTIM.
- Multiple enemy factions: Trappers, Prowlers, Marksmen and Cutters, each of them specialized in a unique combat style.
- Use the environment to ease your way out.
- When your character dies, he’s gone forever, yet you still have a chance, since the hunt never stops.
Will you survive the night?
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!