Today’s Spotlight is Overcrowd: A Commute ‘Em Up, a management sim by SquarePlay Games that recently left Early Access.
Design and build a fast, efficient metro station to ensure that everyone’s daily commute is as painless as possible. Hire staff, manage travel flow between metro lines, and deal with catastrophes and challenges such as rat plagues and major sporting events.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Overcrowd: A Commute ‘Em Up is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below:
Every day, millions crowd the metro in a desperate bid to get to work on time. Can you build and run the perfect station to help them make it?
Overcrowd: A Commute ‘Em Up is a management/tycoon/theme/simulator set below the bustling city of Lubdon Town.
- Deep Systemic Gameplay. Don’t be fooled by the cute pixel art. Beneath the hood lies a deep, systems-based simulation encompassing refuse, power and heat management, crowd control and a consumer-driven economy with stock and pricing.
- Replayability. Design your stations across a series of procedurally generated maps. No game is the same. Build a single station or a whole network. A daily challenge means there is always a new station to build.
- Spatial Design. Build your station 4 floors deep, using stairs, escalators and lifts to connect entrances to tracks in the most efficient layouts you can devise. Control the direction of commuters using the innovative crowd flow mechanic.
- Commuter Chaos. Contend with station-wide events from rat plagues to football matches. Watch out for vandals, hoodlums and norovirus too.
- Technology Procurement. Unlock the latest tech to pimp up your station! From turnstiles, tools and ticket machines to pharmacies, pubs, ponds and plants, make your commuters’ journey to work feel special.
- Staff Management. Hire rookies and level them up, or splash out on a master mopper, medic or mechanic. Use a job grid system to prioritise their tasks.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!