TinyBuild have released a new trailer for Moon Moose’s upcoming management sim, Cartel Tycoon, as part of the Summer of Gaming event.
Cartel Tycoon is a management sim where you play as a drug kingpin in 1980s Latin America. Players will need to manage their growing drug empire, and guard their territory from both police and rival drug cartels. You can find the “Higher Power” Story trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Set in the fictionalized 80s Latin America, Cartel Tycoon tells the story of a time during which the cocaine took over the US and the whole world. Ridiculously rich drug kingpins rule their glorious empires while creating thousands of jobs, but at the same time maelstrom of violence envelops this criminal world.
Build an empire of drug production and smuggling chains while dealing with rival cartels, your rogue lieutenants, state authorities, and public opinion. Deal in marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and legal goods disguising your drug trade. Conquer neighboring regions and send profits climbing to unlock new upgrade paths and powerful research opportunities. Adapt on the fly to procedurally generated events.
Authorities, rival cartels, DEA, army and even CIA all threaten your growing business. When you die (it never really ends well for drug lords), take over the empire as your successor, and start upon your empire ruins all over again.
In Cartel Tycoon, failure is inevitable and violence begets more violence—but for the cunning kingpin, profits await.
- Grow a drug empire in the late ‘80s, dealing in marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and other goods
- Tycoon action on an epic scale with dozens of upgrade paths and endless strategic combinations
- Run huge logistical systems of your farms, labs, warehouses, workshops, research centers, and delivery lines
- Death is inevitable but lieutenants with unique traits take over for the drug lord before them
- Evade the authorities and square off against rival cartels on the path to profit
- Procedurally generated story and roguelike action for endless replayability
- Original soundtrack captures the era with the psychedelic and Latin American influences
Cartel Tycoon launches late 2020 for Windows PC via Steam.