Therefore Games have released Sweeping Heights, a free expansion to their Minesweeper-inspired puzzle roguelite, DemonCrawl.
This expansion completely overhauls the endgame of DemonCrawl by adding a progression system called Sigils. Use crafting materials to optimize your Sigils so you can overcome the new Beyond Quests.
Some other additions include 7 new masteries, over 50 new items, boss mods, 4 new strangers, 5 new special stages, loads of balance tweaks and bug fixes, and much more. You can read more about the update here.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
DemonCrawl Is Bursting With Content
500+ UNLOCKABLE ITEMS
- 600+ unique items to discover and collect: whenever you find something new, we’ll record it in your Codex for future reference.
- 5 Quests & multiple difficulties for a long-lasting challenge.
- 50+ exciting stages to explore: think you’ve seen everything? Then it’s time to dive into the Endless Multiverse, where stages are blended together and randomized for virtually unlimited possibilities.
- 70+ stage mods to keep things unexpected: from “Abstract Burning Forest” to “Double Dry Ocean” and everything in between – DemonCrawl stage mods can have a dramatic effect on how you approach the game board!
OPEN-ENDED PLAYER PROGRESSION
- Open-ended player progression, the roguelite way: find Tokens while playing and spend them on Talents that complement your playstyle. DemonCrawl lets you create multiple profiles in case you’d like to experiment with different builds!
- Gamemodes galore: in addition to standard Quests, we’ve got Endless Multiverse, a daily Hero Trial, an extra-tough 3-stage mode called Beyond, a simple Tutorial, and yes, even a Classic mode for the purists.
- 22 unlockable Masteries: enhance your runs with passive effects and charged abilities! Are you more of a KNIGHT or a SURVIVOR? A perilous HUNTER or a penny-pinching BANKER? A glorious FIREFLY or a special SNOWFLAKE?
- Customize your profile with cosmetics: build up your collection of Avatars and Inventories, then get wild with super-rare Paint drops… assuming you’re lucky enough to find one!
- Online leaderboards for DemonCrawl savants: there’s a leaderboard for every quest in Hard mode and above – including the daily Hero Trial. All scores are cross-platform, which means you get to flex on mobile players. (Sorry mobile players)
- There’s a crafting system too: solve blueprints, then craft your favorite items at will. Available in Hard Mode.
- Over 100 achievements and yes they are tough.
DemonCrawl is available on Windows PC (via Steam), and Android.