This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Mystic Pillars, a story-driven puzzle game based on Indian mythology by Holy Cow Productions.
You play as a mysterious traveler, whose voyage has brought them to the ailing kingdom of Zampi. The kingdom has been stricken by a terrible drought, and you have been tasked with restoring the flow of water by destroying magical pillars.
The game features 100 puzzles inspired by the ancient Indian board game, Ali Guli Mane. The puzzles involve shifting numbers between all the pillars to reach the right solution.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
Mystic Pillars is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Android, and iOS.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
You are a Traveller
Play as a mysterious traveller whose journey across the world lands you in the kingdom of Zampi. Resolve the drought plaguing the once-prosperous kingdom of Zampi by solving puzzles and destroying the magical pillars blocking the water.
Save the Kingdom of Zampi
Over the course of your journey, you meet other characters and slowly uncover what exactly happened that led to the downfall of Zampi. The animated cutscenes in the game add to the storyline and keep you wanting for more. Puzzles become more interesting and challenging to solve with different configurations as you proceed further in the game.
– A game based in the southern part of Ancient India.
– 100 simple and unique logical puzzles.
– An engrossing mystery surrounding the past, unveils the truth as you press forward on your journey.
– Highly stylized, beautiful hand drawn artwork.
– Animated cutscenes.
– Partial Controller Support.
– Inspired by the board game Mancala / Ali Guli Mane
– Supported in 20+ languages – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Portuguese EU, Polish, Turkish, Portuguese BR, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Arabic, Catalan, Hebrew
– Voice over in English and Kannada (the local language in Bangalore, India)
– Official Showcase as part of Unite India 2018 event
– Official Selection: Indie Megabooth GDC Showcase 2020
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!