This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is The Pit: Infinity, a roguelite FPS by Kerberos Productions.
The Pit: Infinity is essentially an FPS remake of Kerberos’ prior roguelite, Sword of the Stars: The Pit. You can check out a trailer above.
Choose from one of three classes and delve into The Pit, a devious dungeon that was once a high-tech alien research facility where scientists from an ancient race experimented on lifeforms from across the known universe. The game can be played solo, or you can team up with three friends in online multiplayer.
The Pit: Infinity is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The Pit: Infinity is a cooperative rpg with first-person-shooter controls and roguelike permadeath. It is meant to be played solo, or cooperatively with up to three friends together.
Players will take on the role of a Marine, Scout or Engineer character and enter the Pit, a high-tech dungeon in which diabolical experiments are performed on life forms gathered from all over the galaxy.
- Start as one of three unique Characters, each with different Attributes, Skills and Items!
- Explore procedurally generated hallways, rooms and biomes!
- Battle monsters and robots to gain experience and loot!
- Open locked doors and rifle through alien treasure troves, seeking supplies, ammunition and gear!
- Gain Levels to improve your Attributes and Skills!
- Collect components and craft new items to improve your chances of survival!
- Delve as deep into the Pit as you can, before you’re horribly killed! Each new floor becomes more challenging and progressively more difficult to beat.
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO!?
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!