Publisher Modus Games has acquired Override: Mech City Brawl developer The Balance, alongside confirming a Switch port for the game.
The mecha-brawling game is now coming to the hybrid console sometime this fall. The Balance will operate as Modus Studios Brazil, and serve as Modus Games very first in-house development studio.
“This is one of many giant steps for Modus as we strengthen our goal to bring AAA publishing services to independent developers,” Modus Games CEO Christina Seelye said in a press release. “With the creation of Modus Studios Brazil, we will be better positioned to fund and support burgeoning markets and enhance Modus IPs.”
The Balance co-founder Lucas Carvalho added, “We are very excited to embark on this new endeavor with Modus Games. It’s been our dream to push our creative boundaries and work on a wide variety of games, and our new partnership with Modus has made this possible.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
No gears, no glory! Control gigantic fighting robots and duke it out across fantastic cityscapes in this 3D mech-based brawler! Epic and explosive battles await with anime-inspired mechs in local and online versus game modes, party co-op with two to four players, and a single-player campaign.
- Explosive Battles – Take control of a gigantic mech and lay waste to entire cities as you fight other massive opponents.
- Supercharged Mechs – Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real-World Locations – Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Multiple Game Modes – Challenge other players in local and online Versus and Co-op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
- Party Co-op – Gather two to four friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech!
- The Garage – Customize your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.
- More Mechs, More Mayhem – Super Charged Mega Edition includes Season Pass, delivering four extra mechs and 16 new skins post-launch, as well as instant access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition.
- Supercharged Co-op Fighting
- Powerful and Unique Ultimates
Override: Mech City Brawl has been available for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.