Digitalmindsoft and 1C Entertainment have announced Cold War, a new standalone expansion to Men of War: Assault Squad 2.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War is coming to Windows PC via Steam on September 12th. As the name implies, Cold War brings the popular RTS series to the era where East and West were on the verge of an apocalyptical war.
The game allows you to play as either the US or USSR in a dynamic campaign (with support for co-op), skirmish battles, or online multiplayer. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The legendary Men of War RTS series has finally reached the cold war era. Take command of either U.S. or Soviet forces, fulfill mission objectives and claim victory!
Control vast armies of regular and specialized units, including support vehicles, light and heavy tanks, artillery vehicles, combat helicopters and game-changing jet fighters. Take to the battlefields of destroyed cities, fortified border zones, rural farmlands, destroyed airbases and sleepy winter villages in the latest installment of this classic RTS series, in which strong leadership and good management are the keys to success.
For the first time in the series, dynamic campaign generation makes its debut. Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War gives players nearly endless experiences in both singleplayer and cooperative campaign modes!
- Pick your side: The United States of America versus the Soviet Union.
- Dynamic campaign generator makes singleplayer and co-op extremely replayable, with randomized skirmishes and custom army compositions.
- Competitive online multiplayer modes.
- Combined Arms mode: Capture and hold flag points using all means available.
- Annihilation mode: Dominate the enemy or capture their base; valuable resources can also be secured on the battlefield.
- Command large armies or control single units with the series-defining Direct Control Mode.