Wyrmbyte has announced the release date for Ashes of Oahu.
The new action-shooter is launching for Windows PC via Steam on August 29th. You can check out the latest trailer above.
Ashes of Oahu is a post-apocalyptical open-world shooter RPG set in Hawaii. Gain the favor of the Hawaiian gods to harness magical abilities based on traditional folklore and mythology, including the ability to shapeshift, or take on raiders with a more traditional arsenal of upgradable guns and melee weapons.
Anyone who preorders now can gain instant access to a closed beta. Alternatively, potential customers can sign up to be part of a randomly selected beta key giveaway. Preorders also grant early access to the game a full three days before release.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Ashes of Oahu is an open world, story driven shooter where you work with or against the surviving factions of a post apocalyptic Hawaii.
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 75,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
- Craft items from Hawaiian resources you find throughout the island