Orthrus Studios and Kasedo Games have announced a new fantasy city building game called Distant Kingdoms.
Distant Kingdoms features a mix of city building, social management, exploration, and adventuring. Players are tasked with uniting the humans, elves, dwarves, and orcs of Talam so they can build a thriving civilization in the mystical realm of Ineron. Players will also have to send out adventuring parties to deal with threats like dragons and trolls, or to bring valuable artifacts back to your city.
Here’s some more screenshots:
Here’s a rundown of the game:
A unique blend of City Building, Social Management, Exploration and Adventure gameplay, Distant Kingdoms brings a rich fantasy world to life.
Help the Humans, Dwarves, Elves and Orcs of Talam begin anew in the fabled land of Ineron.
- Build a sprawling network of towns and villages as you forge a civilisation.
- Provide for your people’s needs through a deep web of production lines as they move through the Social strata from Peasants to Nobles, catering to each race’s unique desires.
- Explore a new world filled with secrets, quests and magic. Create Tabletop RPG-like adventuring parties and have them venture out into the unexplored mists. Help decide their fate through a choose-your-own-adventure style quest and event system.
- Deal with troublesome creatures, from Dragons to Imps, Wraiths and Trolls.
- Help the disparate races come together across multiple maps and scenarios in a grand campaign to save their civilisations from ruin.
- Watch your settlements change depending on the demographics of each area.
- Accessible gameplay for beginners, with complexity hidden underneath for experienced players.
- Everything is Moddable: Alter races, add your own, create events, quests and more.
Distant Kingdoms will be releasing next year for Windows PC via Steam.