Square-Enix showed off the launch trailer for the imminent release Final Fantasy XIV‘s next expansion- Shadowbringers. The contents of the video include upcoming story beats, and returning characters. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers releases on Windows PC (via Steam or SE Store) and Playstation 4 July 2nd, with early access available to those who pre-order on June 28th.
The rundown follows-
“Take part in the next saga of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online with the next legendary expansion pack—SHADOWBRINGERS!
Explore breathtaking new environments, encounter exotic new races, master exciting new jobs, and fight alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system as you embark on a new journey as the Warrior of Darkness!
With over 14 million adventurers worldwide, join the next chapter and become what you must. Become the Warrior of Darkness!”
• New jobs: Gunbreaker and Dancer
• New playable races: Viera and Hrothgar
• Level cap increase from 70 to 80
• Journey through expansive new areas, such as the Rak’tika Greatwood, Amh Araeng, and Il Mheg.
• New Primals, including a harrowing encounter with Titania, ruler of the pixies
• New beast tribes: pixies, Nu Mou, dwarves
• A plethora of new dungeons to explore
• Challenging new raids
• New alliance raids; YoRHa:Dark Apocalypse
• Tackle dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system
• Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system.
• The Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – In the aftermath of the Dragonsong War, Disciples of the Hand and Land work together to rebuild Ishgard