Grimlore Games and THQ Nordic have announced the release date for the upcoming Soul Harvest expansion for SpellForce 3.
The new expansion is launching towards the end of this month – on May 28th.
Soul Harvest is a standalone expansion to the original SpellForce 3 from December 2017. The expansion is set three years later, and focuses predominately on a war between the Dwarves and Dark Elves. You can check out a new trailer detailing the Dark Elves faction above.
Here’s a rundown of the expansion’s content:
Three years after the Purity Wars, Nortander is on the cusp of a new era.
However, things aren’t as peaceful as they seem – when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you’re plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown.
Gather your allies and prevent a catastrophe!
- Standalone expansion to the RTS/RPG mix SpellForce 3
- Story mode featuring a dark and enthralling story with a playtime of around 20 hours
- Build your distinct heroes by a deep skilltree
- Lead your army to victory in a new sector-based RTS system
- Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
- Use flying units for even more advance tactics
- Play 5 distinct factions: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves and Dark Elves
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding edge top down graphics
- Each faction has three unique heroes that compliment individual play styles
- A modern multiplayer lobby will allow easier matchmaking and ranked play
- Play new game modes for a special challenge
- Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools.
New features compared to SpellForce 3:
- All-New Campaign: Featuring new storyline with over 20 hours of content
- All-New abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
- All-New RTS Gameplay: Sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
- Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
- Flying units allow more tactical elements
- New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves
- Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and more readable