Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Hardsuit Labs have shared a new trailer and details for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
Featured above, a new trailer was released for the Tremere clan, alongside some new information for the upcoming action-RPG.
Here’s a rundown on the clan:
The Tremere employ powerful blood magic to uncover secrets and unleash harrowing attacks. Players who join the Tremere’s ranks can unlock two new disciplines to expand their arsenal: Thaumaturgy and Auspex. Thaumaturgy is the Tremere’s signature blood sorcery which grants unparalleled destructive power. Auspex expands the Tremere’s senses beyond the boundaries of their bodies, ensuring nothing stays hidden to the Warlocks.
- Skewer – Launches a small portion of the vampire’s blood at the feet of their enemies, where it erupts in a patch of razor-sharp spikes. Once they dissolve, a stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Purge – Allows the vampire to make their victims vomit up blood, damaging them heavily. A stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Blood Boil – A master of Thaumaturgy may cast Purge for a second time on an affected NPC, causing the blood in their veins to sear. The wretch explodes within moments; bystanders in a large area are damaged. Blood from each victim streams back to the caster.
Use of Thaumaturgy in front of witnesses is a Masquerade Violation.
- Aura Sense – Allows the vampire to spot NPCs even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals to keep them in their sights over long distances. It also allows the user to spot the weaknesses in a marked NPC’s attack and defense.
- Psychic Projection – Detaches the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they can explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Beyond that, the vampire’s mastery of their own senses has grown to such an extent that they can telepathically overwhelm the senses of others for a short while.
Use of Auspex is not a Masquerade Violation.
Players who join the Tremere clan can use these disciplines in addition to the individual powers from their Thinblood past.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is launching across Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One sometime in Q1 of 2020.