Shiro Games has released another large new content update to their Norse-themed 4X strategy game, Northgard.
This latest patch completely reworks the Tools and Forge system to accommodate a new type of item: Relics. You can check out a trailer above.
These Relics offer significant empire-wide buffs, and only one can be forged by your clan per game. Players will have access to five common Relics, plus a special Relic unique to each clan. You can read more about the patch here.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard.
The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods.
That is, if they can survive the dire wolves and undead warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your Vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!
Northgard is available on Windows PC and Mac via Steam for $29.99.