This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is going to be a little different. Instead of highlighting a game, I’m going to showcase a cool new mod that’s been getting a lot of attention lately. Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion of Skyrim by SureAI, a team of modders best known for their Oblivion mod Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge.
Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a truly massive conversion that completely overhauls Skyrim‘s combat system, and adds various new mechanics like classes and survival elements. The story mixes elements of dark fantasy and psychological horror, and will bring you to a variety of exotic locations, including jungles, deserts, and tropical beaches. You can check out a trailer for the mod above.
Enderal: Forgotten Stories is free to download for Windows PC via Steam, and only requires the standard version of Skyrim.
Here’s a rundown of the mod:
Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Enderal is free and can be played by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. (No DLCs are necessary.) It is developed non-commercially by SureAI, the team behind the renowned Oblivion mod “Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge” (and various other projects).
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes – explore deserts, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains, and more.
- An unconventional story with believable characters and psychological undercurrents.
- German and English voice acting by professional voice over artists.
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations.
- Overhauled gameplay with classes, experience points, survival mechanics and challenging combat.
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities.
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes.
- 30 to 125 hours of expected playtime.
Added in Forgotten Stories
- Two “crafting classes” that utilize alchemy and enchanting for combat – use potions to shapeshift into a werewolf as the Lycantrope, use enchanting to craft spirit companions as the Phasmalist.
- Improved performance and stability for a smooth experience.
- Twelve new sidequests and two non-linear guild questlines: Work your way up the Golden Sickle, Enderal’s merchants guild and infiltrate the ranks of the Rhalâta, the enigmatic cult ruling the Undercity.
- Reworked and improved crafting, spells, and much more.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!