We held our second annual community voted game of the year poll, and following a month of voting and debating – the results are now in.
While there were lots of amazing games this year, the overall winner for the Niche Gamer community game of the year is – Monster Hunter World.
Here’s a breakdown of the order in which each game was voted for:
- Monster Hunter World – 408 Votes
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 381 Votes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – 308 Votes
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age – 274 Votes
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life – 214 Votes
- God of War – 210 Votes
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – 185 Votes
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk – 132 Votes
- Octopath Traveler – 117 Votes
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 – 103 Votes
- Dead Cells – 67 Votes
- Soulcalibur VI – 62 Votes
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – 48 Votes
- La-Mulana 2 – 47 Votes
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – 46 Votes
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! – 42 Votes
- Mega Man 11 – 26 Votes
- Kirby: Star Allies – 26 Votes
- Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise – 24 Votes
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – 22 Votes
- Tetris Effect – 21 Votes
- Darksiders III – 19 Votes
- Warriors Orochi 4 – 8 Votes
- Star Control: Origins – 6 Votes
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – 6 Votes
There was a noticeable attempt at tampering with the votes – around 200 or so votes for God of War were actually fraudulent, and since we can’t correct numbers with the third party polling app we used, the votes were removed for now (Editor’s Note: The tallies are above, though).
Look forward to our staff voted game of the year awards very shortly – we’ll link to that here too.
Did you vote in our community game of the year poll? If so, what game did you vote for? Are you happy with the outcome? Sound off in the comments below!